Speaking of the DI, that is where I went, looking so high fashion.
My daughter, Paige also came along..she always looks like an orphan so that is not the story here.

The story actually takes place in the parking lot after visiting the DI looking for Halloween costumes.
I was in the parking lot, buckling Paige into her carseat, when the man in the vehicle next to me came up to his car and waited for me to move out of his way. We engaged in pleasant conversation, then I got into my van.
Next thing I know, the man starts knocking on my car window. I roll down and say hi.
He said..
"I just got out of a business meeting where we had a ton of extra food left over. I just thought your family could use some of the leftovers." He then proceeded to hand me two dozen Einstein bagels..with the cream cheese mind you.
I took said bagels and drove away. THEN I started to wonder, why did he choose to give these to me?? Do we look that destitute?? WELL, I was shopping for second hand clothes, and the clothes we were wearing should have been there.. so I think he felt bad for us!!
Next time, I will dress up to visit the local DI.
2 comments:
That is hilarious! Poor homeless Holmes! That was sweet of that guy to give you the food. He will talk about helping the poor and needy next time he speaks in church.lol
I can relate to that! Just think how good he felt about himself! mom
Post a Comment