Isn't it ironic..don't ya think...
When it is cold, you wish it were hot..when it is hot, you wish it were cold
When you are exhausted and want a break from your kids, they go back to school, and you miss them.
When your babies are little, you can't wait for them to grow up, but when they are 10, you wish they were little.
When you quit your job to stay home with your kids, and you are very sad to be "just a mom"- then when you can go back to work...you wish you were more needed by your kids...
When you are a teenager and you want to be treated like a grown up...and when you are a grown up, you wish you could be a teenager.
When you have gross carpet, you dream of new carpet...when you get new carpet, you wish you had the old stuff so they kids could be messy, without stressing the mom out.
When you never get to eat out...you wish you could...but when you are on vacation and only eat out, you hunger for a home cooked meal.
In the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics...the camera man does many close-ups of beautiful Sara McLachlan...but doesn't once do a close-up of k.d. lange? Wait, I am pretty sure that wasn't ironic :)


11 comments:
Funny, funny, Stacy. I love Sarah McLachlan! Now that song is in my head- thanks so much.
Now that song is in my head too.
Yeah, life is pretty ironic.
You are so funny!
Forgive me for getting deep...
Is it ironic or are we an ungrateful species?
I know i am always "waiting" for better circumstances, so i can "finally" be happy.
It is sad that i have felt first hand each of the eamples you gave.
i really would love to be a more grateful gal and choose to be happy in my current situations.
i sure am trying to give it a go!
love shell
You are so funny!
Forgive me for getting deep...
Is it ironic or are we an ungrateful species?
I know i am always "waiting" for better circumstances, so i can "finally" be happy.
It is sad that i have felt first hand each of the eamples you gave.
i really would love to be a more grateful gal and choose to be happy in my current situations.
i sure am trying to give it a go!
love shell
Thanks for a good chuckly, Stacy. I needed that!
ps. I meant "chuckle", but now I kind of like "chuckly".
pps. Sarah McLachlan is one of my all time favorite musicians, and put on one of the best concerts I have ever attended!
Hi, I'm one of Jenni's friends. This is a great post. It's so true. The pictures were funny. But Sarah McLachlan doesn't sing that song. Isn't it Alanis Morrisette? Still a great post!
Yes, Alanis Morrisett does sing "Isn't it Ironic" I didn't think people would think that I thought that Sara McLauchlan sang it...who knew
But, I thought it was so funny that there were NO close ups of kd lang... in her white suit and bare feet...
LOL!!! Perfect comedic timing on that one, my friend!
You had me contemplating & pondering & then WHAMMO!...chuckling like a mad woman in my own head!
Love it! :)
Haha, that's hilarious! I agree with you though, we are hardly ever content, sad if you think of it. Oh well, human nature I guess. Great post though! Good to see you and the kids last night, you guys are a wonderful family!!!
Post a Comment