Hey guys,wanna help out?
Rylee will be turning 8 next month, and instead of the typical birthday party, she has another idea.
Instead of getting presents from friends, she wants her friends to donate items for gift bags for others. We found a house for kids that have been removed from their homes due to violence, abuse or other dangers.
She wants to make little kits for girls in these homes, including nail polish, hair bows, elastics, bracelets,lotions, lip gloss etc.etc. Anything that could help these girls feel as beautiful outside as Heavenly Father knows they are inside.
We will be gathering items, and then assembling the gift bags at her party.
If anyone out there wants to help out, we and the little girls will be thrilled!
On a side note, if you have any suggestions for bags for boys, let me know!
Thanks!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I have plenty of hair bows and I'm sure I can give some other things... how many do you need? What ages are we talking...
What a great idea! We would love to help! When do you need it?
Hey superheroes above..
We are planning on making around 10kits for children under the age of 11. I was thinking of focusing on girls about 4-11. We will need them by May 15! Thanks!
We will help out! I will start getting some of that stuff!
I can definitely help out! I have a few lotions from Bath and Body Works that I was going to see if Paige and Rylee wanted anyways... Let me know if there is anything else that you specifically need :)
yeah!!!!!!!!!!
i am in! by may 15th....great!
i will get on that!
shell
gypsylemonade
What a great idea. let me know what you need most and I would love to help.
Great idea!
I've heard of people giving supplies so that kids in these types of facilities could have birthday parties of their own. Another idea for another time, or something that could be combined. Your idea sounds like something that all girls would love. Perhaps you could get barnes and noble or wal-mart to donate a few small children's books as well?
For the boys, matchbox cars, temp. tattoos, plastic animals. Maybe just sticking with the girls would be best, though.
I'm so proud of Rylee. This will be something that she will always remmeber.
what a wonderful idea! I love your birthday party games....that's the kind of party my Mom always threw & all my friends & my siblings' friends still remember those parties.
Post a Comment